RULES FOR VALID PAPER PUBLICATION
- Accepted papers MUST be presented at the conference by one of the authors.
- One of the authors MUST register for the conference at one of the non-student rates offered, and MUST register before the deadline given for author registration.
- One full registration can cover at most two accepted papers.
- Failure to register before the deadline will result in automatic withdrawal of your paper from the conference proceedings and program.
- MLSP requires that each accepted paper be presented by one of the authors in-person at the conference site according to the schedule published. Any paper accepted into the technical program, but not presented on-site will be withdrawn from the official proceedings archived on IEEE Xplore.
Authors are invited to submit articles describing their ideas and applicable research results relevant to the scope outlined in the Call for Papers. Papers should not be longer than 6 pages, including all text, figures, and references in accordance with IEEE Signal Processing Society policy and procedures in ICASSP style format, see also Code of Ethics. Papers must be submitted by the indicated deadline. There will be no exceptions.
Please carefully comply with the guidelines and quality requirements specified by the evaluation criteria. Papers which do not fulfill the requirements can not be accepted and published. Papers that do not comply with the basic quality requirements (language, formatting, etc.) may be subject to desk rejection.
To prepare your manuscript, use the LaTeX or Microsoft Word style files and templates and follow the formatting guidelines provided in the example:
MLSP 2023 PAPER TEMPLATES.zip
Please observe that MLSP uses a double-blind review process. Thus, it is important that all potentially identifying information (such as author names and affiliations) is removed from the initial submission pdf file. When using the LaTeX style file, anonymize your paper as follows:
INITIAL PAPER SUBMISSION
All papers are to be submitted through the MLSP 2023 submission site at Microsoft CMT. In Please log in to CMT to submit your paper and provide:
- paper title and abstract,
- all author names and affiliations (N.B.: authorship can not be changed for the camera-ready submission),
- the subject areas of your paper according to the Call for Papers.
You may edit the details of your submission until the regular paper submission deadline.
Special Session submissions: If you are submitting to a Special Session or to a Data Competition Session, please make sure to choose the appropriate session during the initial paper submission.
CAMERA-READY PAPER SUBMISSION
Please read and follow the instructions below carefully when preparing the camera-ready submissions. Author names and affiliations must be included in the camera-ready submission.
Finalize your full-length paper: Finalize your accepted full-length paper (max. 6 pages including all figures and references) according to the instructions above (papers that do not fulfil these requirements will not be published). Make sure to take the reviewers’ comments into account when finalizing your manuscript. Proofread your source document thoroughly to confirm that it will require no revision.
Important Notes before submitting camera-ready papers: Please be advised that it is very important to stay within the limit of 6 pages in the camera-ready submission; otherwise the paper will be subject to a desk rejection.
Convert your paper into PDF and check compliance of the paper: For the camera-ready submission and inclusion in IEEE Xplore, your paper must comply with the IEEE paper requirements. To convert your document to a compliant PDF file, IEEE PDF eXpress must be used:
- Login to IEEE PDF eXpress (conference ID: 55844X): Click “New Users – Click here” and follow the instructions (you may use your existing credentials if you have used PDF eXpress before but need to activate your account for MLSP 2023). The conference ID for MLSP 2023 is 55844X.
- Follow the instructions on PDF eXpress to convert your document into an IEEE Xplore compliant PDF file. If applicable, fix all errors indicated by PDF eXpress. Once the conversion is complete, download the IEEE Xplore compliant PDF and save the PDF eXpress status message (you will need both for the camera-ready submission; see below).
You must also add the copyright notice to the bottom of the first page of your source document:
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is: 978-1-6654-8547-0/22/$31.00 ©2023 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is: 979-8-3503-2411-2/23/$31.00 ©2023 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is: 979-8-3503-2411-2/23/$31.00 ©2023 IEEE
Upload your paper and transfer the copyright: Login to the MLSP 2023 submission site at Microsoft CMT to upload the PDF of your camera-ready manuscript (the PDF downloaded from PDF eXpress; see above) and IEEE Copyright form:
- Click “Create Camera Ready Submission”, fill in the required information, and upload the PDF eXpress validated PDF file of your paper.
- Click “Submit IEEE Copyright Form” and follow the instructions. You will be redirected to the IEEE eCF website to fill in the IEEE Copyright form. Carefully fill in the form by following the instructions on the IEEE eCF website, download the PDF and upload it to CMT.
Note that you are able to re-upload your paper before the deadline; however, you should only submit the IEEE Copyright form once.
When submitting the paper you accept the Code of Ethics and Intellectual Property Rights Policies as well as the IEEE Privacy Policies.